Beeindruckende Kunstmonumente

Bücher, DVDs, Dokumentationsfilme...

Moderatoren: BassSultan, MartiAri

Beeindruckende Kunstmonumente

Beitragvon holisch » 12.07.2011 4:51

Das Carlton Arms Hotel in NYC.

Ein altes Hotel Mitten im Big Apple. Dort wurde fuer jedes Zimmer ein Kuenstler engagiert, der die Raeumlichkeiten mit seiner Kunst nach Belieben ausstatten und verschoenern kann. Die Preise sind sogar ziemlich human fuer die Gegend und es faengt bei 80$ die Nacht an. Robert Hernandez hat mich damals auf das Projekt aufmerksam gemacht und hat dort auch selbst ein Zimmer machen duerfen. Ich haeng mal ein paar Bilder von "seinem" Raum an. Wer nen Facebook account hat, kann sich hier sein komplettes Album davon ansehen.

Wie kam's dazu?

The Carlton Arms Art Project started in the early 80's when Ed Ryan set out to break the cycle of years of despair and neglect in The Carlton Arms Hotel, at the time a depressing and dark welfare hotel. As rooms were vacated, they were no longer re-rented to welfare tenants, but instead were scrubbed, repaired and repainted.

Artists began to pass through the hotel and as jobs opened up, Ryan, invited several of them to work at the front desk. In 1983 artist and front desk clerk Gil Dominguez painted a series of murals on the five-flight staircase. Later that year, he and fellow worker and artist Colette Jennings began paintings murals on small panels within several rooms. In 1984 Brian Damage, a renowned downtown artist, began painting "The submarine room" and with this the idea for complete artist's transformation of the rooms started.

The art seemed a physical manifestation of the positive transformations possible within the old building. The project definitively settled in the years that followed with the participation of dozen of artists who gradually transformed the place into what is called today: "The Artbreak hotel, a window in New York for artists from around the world"

It is a vibrant permanent exhibition of art, with every room and every inch of space covered with the incredible colorful work of talented artists.

"A live-in museum" ( People Magazine )

Liste der Kuenstler:
Here are some of the artists who have contributed to the project:
Helen Adelson, Christian Ashman , Banksy, J. Baron, Sabine Benninger, Dan Bern, Jim Bilgere, Tom Billings, Elodie Boutry, Andre Bowen, T.J. Byrne, Stevens Carter, Anibal Ciccardi, Andre Charles, Cern, Josy Cobb, Elisha Cook Jr., Nathalie Daoust, Philippa Dawkins, Elisa Decker, Jennifer Sands Deane, Clara De Jesus, Julie Dermansky, Gerarddiaz, Rodney Dickson, Irene Dogmatic, Gil Dominguez, Brian Dowdall, Noelle Elia, Claire Favretto, Doug Ford, Bettino Francini , Teal Fraser, Garance, Kath Green, Bruno Hadjadj , Richard Hambleton, Olivia Hamlyn, Christina Back, Demian Henriques, Sam Henriques, Brigitte Henry, Ty Inwood, Jonah Kamphorst, Billi Kid, Julius Klein, Christine Koenig, Robert Lewis, Jeff Kolasinski, Dominique Lagneaux, Raken Leaves, Danielle Lesniewski, Leslie Lowe, Jackie Levitt, Julia Lisowski, Andi Luzi, Diana Manni, Gabriele Undine Meyer, Venus de Mars, Gus Murphy, Jim and Karla Murray, Issa Nyaphaga, Jason Roberson, Michael Roller, Rachel Rowberry, Jack Ryan, Anna Schmidt, Matthew Septimus, Robert Seven, Paco Simon, Darek Solarski, Dan Stuart, Miriam Tobias, Mike Tyler, Toye, Josette Urso, Jean Michel Verret, Cara Vida, H. Walters, Andre Van Der Kerkhoff, Diza Hope, Robert Hernandez, David Cooper, Ottjorg A.C, Jeffrey Schweitzer, Onek, Matt Saunders, Magnus Irvin, James Zirco Fisher, Kid Lew, Bobby MaGee Lopez with the Manhattan Mural Project.
grep -inr fuck /usr/src/linux
holisch

Re: Beeindruckende Kunstmonumente

Beitragvon Branislav » 12.07.2011 5:08

interessant. habe diese bilder schon gesehen, aber erst jetzt verstanden worum es da geht. :)
"I bear upon me the mark of my people. Without my tattoos I am nothing. Can‘t you see where I belong? I am a member of my family, of my clan, of my religion, of my society! LOOK INTO MY FACE. Do not fear me. I am human, I am beautiful!“
Anforderungen der Hygiene beim Tätowieren
Branislav

Beitragvon hardphil » 14.07.2011 8:43

Cool :D Danke fürs Posten.
hardphil

Beitragvon DenimDemon » 14.07.2011 13:19

find die sachen auch sehr sehr toll :D
danke fürs posten.. is mal was anderes :)
DenimDemon

Beitragvon Buddha_Eyes » 14.07.2011 13:29

Also, ne gute Adresse falls man (hoffentlich mal wieder) nach NY kommt..
Expect nothing..
Buddha_Eyes

Zurück zu Literatur und andere Medien